Join us at Nike Campus – Beaverton, Oregon for a 5k Fun Run on October 11 to help raise money for the Girls’ Dormitory Construction project in Matale, Uganda.
- Please plan to arrive at the trail at 8:00 AM, give yourself time to get to Nike campus and find your way to the parking area. Remember you will enter through the Walker Street entrance. I have attached a curated map for your convenience. There will be signs pointing you to parking and security at the entrance will be available to direct you if you need it. After you park, there will be volunteers directing you to, and welcoming you to the trail.
- Time plan for the morning:
o 8:00: check-in, sign waivers, day-of signups, buy raffle tickets, etc. We welcome day of sign-ups via credit card, cash or check; please encourage anyone who may be interested to come
o 8:30: welcome and introductions, brief remarks about the Girls’ Dormitory project by ZoomUganda and Harambee Centre
o 8:35: kick-off words from Mayor Doyle and Alberto Salazar
o 8:45: Run officially begins
o 9:45: Run officially ends, fundraising update, announce raffle winners, closing remarks.
o 10:00: Done.
Announcing our exciting raffle items: bring cash or check for raffle tickets
We have three fantastic donated raffle items; come ready to purchase raffle ticket(s) for $5.00 each to be included in a drawing to win (announcements will be made at the end and you must be present to win). All proceeds will go back into the project. What is up for the win?
1) For fellow Futbol/Soccer enthusiasts, we have 2 prime seating tickets to the final 2014 home game of the Portland Timbers vs. Real Salt Lake on Friday October 17 @7pm. Seats are valued at $100.00/seat.
2) 4 wine bottles (2011 White Rose Estate Pinot Noir). Valued @ ~$240.00. Only 21+ winners
3) 4 wine bottles (2006 Archery Summit Pinot Noir (Oregon), 2006 Trapiche Malbec (Argentina), 2011 Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Noir (Oregon), and 2010 Griffin Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (Oregon)). Valued @ ~150.00. Only 21+ winners
We are thrilled you are joining us for this fun run/walk while supporting us to do this important work and look forward to seeing you bright and early on Saturday.
Noela (on behalf of ZoomUganda and Harambee Centre teams).